Friday, February 23, 2007

One month ago.....

I can't believe it's been exactly one month since my last post. When I think back to my state of mind at the time of that post, it seems like a totally different person typed it. Some of you have inquired as to my absence and I can't tell you how nice it is to be missed.

In a nut shell, we've had some difficult times lately, most notably the very sudden death of Drew's nana on Jan. 29, followed by the death of her husband and Drew's grampy on Feb. 18, only 20 days later. It's been a lot to absorb, and quite honestly I'm not sure we really have. Both funerals were in Chatham, a 4.5hr drive for us, and so much time and energy have been spent dealing with all this over the last month.

On a happier note, I celebrated my 34th birthday on Feb. 4! And even though that's not a very significant number it was a really special day. The boys spoiled me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a cute card, and a delicious lobster dinner. Most of all, I loved that it happened to fall on a Sunday this year and so we were all home together, all day! No work, no school, no place to go at all. I've decided that this is how I want to spend every birthday from her on out. Call me OLD, but having a day of nothing, topped off with a yummy meal that I didn't have to lift a finger to prepare, is a perfect gift!




No comments: