It starts with waking up on my own .... no alarm, no kids, no dog, no horny hubby (sorry!). Then the realization that I'm completely rested, so I actually feel like getting out of bed of my own volition and it's only 7:30am. I've got the whole day ahead of me, instead of wasting it away sleeping in! (Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in when I can, but there's something so awesome about not needing to.)
And when I say 'the whole day' I really mean it, because today, March 3, is the first Saturday since Christmas that I have had absolutely NOTHING to do!!!!!! Seriously.
We talk all the time about how we need to slow life down. We need to spend more time simply hanging out with the boys and hanging around the house. Easier said than done. It's hard giving up time with friends and family. And it's hard passing up opportunities to go to special venues or sporting events. Yet, I was quickly reminded today of how nice a quiet, unscheduled Saturday can be too. I mean, really, this is what weekends are for; time to re-energize after a busy week. You can only go so long firing on all cylinders, no matter how great a time you're having.
It was even more perfect because it was snowing all day and so there was that feeling of being cut off from the rest of the world. I love being snowed in! We all enjoyed the day exactly the way we wanted. The boys watched LOTS of tv, including a couple movies, that is until Ian put himself down for a nap around 2pm (ahhhhh, the life!). Drew and I each spent time with our laptops, surfing our hearts out, and watching really bad tv, like MTV's Road Rules episodes and celebrity poker. Then came the flipside to the unscheduled day, moving from ultimate laziness to super productive...........totally Drew's initiative, we completely gutted our bedroom closets!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, nothing like the satisfaction from tackling something you've dreaded doing for a very, very long time. In this case, our closets were a dumping ground for miscellaneous items since our move in May! They've never been organized since living here.
Then comes the feeling of rewarding one's self for a job well done, with more laziness! Think it's almost time to make some cheesy good nachos and melt into the couch to enjoy some really bad movie.
I also love just how long days like this feel. And there's still Sunday to come!
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're right, that is the perfect Saturday. It's amazing how easily we all forget how important it is to have a weekend like that every now and then.
I'm jealous!
We men are ALWAYS horny when we wake up Janet....
Post a Comment