Wednesday, January 3, 2007

You just never know......

Quite often, possibly every day, something happens during the course of the day that you had absolutely no idea was going to happen. Sometimes it's something small, like one of my boys saying the funniest thing, or something huge, like a devastating phone call. Whatever it is, it just goes to show you that when you wake up every morning, no matter how jam packed your agenda is, every day is a new day and you just never know!

Take today for example.......
Sure I had a few items on the calendar that needed attending to, like getting on the treadmill, planning dinner, changing cat litter, watering the plants, cleaning up Christmas decorations, etc., but I had no plans to be standing in my family room, alone, crying, while listening to the playing of O Canada! I just finished watching the World Junior hockey tourn't, Canada vs. USA......WHAT A GAME!!!! After 7 rounds, count'em, SEVEN rounds of shoot outs, Canada wins! The action was insane, the level of excitement HUGE, and thankfully, the results amazing!

So by the time they played the national anthem at the end, I was completely overwhelmed! Tell me, who doesn't love a great national anthem moment? Hearing hundreds or thousands of people belting out every word in harmony, there's nothing like it!
That's when it hit me though, that I had no idea what today had in store for me :)
Gold medal game: Friday 1:30pm! This time, I'll be prepared!!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Reminds me of your excitement and enthusiasm during the Olympics. Just think - only another 3 years until Vancouver 2010!