
I just finished watching the premiere episode of "Knights of Prosperity" for the FOURTH time and if you haven't caught wind of this new sitcom yet, catch up now, before it's too late! It's like The Full Monty meets A Fish Called Wanda, with just a dash of Snatch! (And, if you haven't seen any or all of these 3 movies, another must!)
The show starts with the main character, Eugene Gurkin, waking up in his crappy apartment and draggin' his butt to his night shift janitor job. Today is his 20th anniversary at said position and he's looking for inspiration from a fellow colleague, who's been there for close to 50yrs! Scene change, and we're at the funeral of that fellow colleague, forcing Eugene to contemplate life and if he really wants to end up this way. (By the way, I'm trying to picture that casting call, "Yeah, we've got this awesome new sitcom, it's gonna be a smash hit, and we need you to deliver two lines in the first minute of the show, and then you die!" Thanks for comin' out!)
"It's time for Eugene Gurkin to make his move!" After the funeral, Eugene heads to the bank, pumped and determined to acquire a loan to finally open his dream bar. Unfortunately he gets smacked in the face by reality, yet again, and is shut down by one of them old crotchety bank guys. Continuing on, Eugene is drowning his sorrows in his bathtub, watching tv, when an E! News clip comes on with a tour of Mick Jagger's $52 million apartment on Central Park West. The idea is hatched and the story begins.........(and that was all just during the opening credits folks!)
The characters are awesome, the premise relate-able, and the music rocks! I'm sure they'll re-air this first episode at some point, so keep your eyes open, but until then, start with episode 2, "Operation: Seduce Simone", Wednesday Jan. 10, 9pm, on ABC. You can thank me later!
Oh, and Rob, upon the latest viewing, I recalled my favourite funniest part:
"I really liked the bridges and I thought that Madison was an excellent county." Priceless.
1 comment:
Definitely an enjoyable new addition to the schedule. I can't beleive you like the humour in this show, but you don't religously watch The Office.
Post a Comment